Examples of work undertaken by DJB lawyers
The acquisition and sale of farms and other heritage property.
Granting and renewing farm business tenancies on numerous sites including Wroxeter, Salisbury Plain and at Battle Abbey.
Obtaining an injunction to prevent persistent trespass by a farmer and his animals over a training estate on Dartmoor.
Acting in the agricultural receivership for a multinational professional services network of a farming partnership in Wiltshire where the debt exceeded £1.5m.
Advice in relation to Single Farm Payments and over 100 grazing licences.
- Michael Wear (Associate Director)
- Mark Brumwell (Group Director)
- Peter Lowe (Associate Director)
Legal issues that may arise
- Single farm payments
- Public access and public liability
- Farmland acquisitions and disposals
- Boundary, covenant easement disputes
- Agricultural leases, tenancies and licences
- Sporting licences
- Funding and development agreements
- Compulsory purchases
- Environmental law issues including contamination and noise pollution issues
- Sites of Special Scientific Interests and management agreements.
Need help? Get in touch
Nearly 70% of the UK's land is used for agricultural use and around 1.5% of the country's workforce works in agriculture. In recent years, many farmers have chosen to diversify into areas such as bio fuels and tourism to generate additional revenue from their agricultural land.